How can what is beneficial about vaping be hiding in plain sight from almost every media report?
They must have an agenda.
What the media and studies from science doesn’t tell you about vaping, we will.
Vapers have a voice.
Below are 100 unedited answers just as they came in (from around the world, language & spelling are unimportant).
from participants to question number 7 from The Vaping Truth Survey. I copied/pasted just one page:
Health benefits you’ve noticed since vaping?
These are just one hundred voices as they answered them.
If you believe these are anecdotal, please refer Beneficial Bias before proceeding.
Health benefits you’ve noticed since vaping?
• I personally feel much better, More energy and just better in general,
• Skin better. Smell less. Sense of smell and taste improved. Don’t honestly know if am listed as a non smoker on my medical chart
• asthma only bothers me now if I have a cold of flu, otherwise I rarely use my inhaler.
• Beter taste, smell again!
• Because I was on steroids and antibiotics 2 or 3 times a year plus emergency admissions for pulmonary infections which exacerbated asthma and needed oxygen. No longer prescribed seretide and use 2 puffs of atrovent before bed which I am not sure I need really.
• My overall body wellness has significantly improved. Teeth are becoming white again. My face has a healthy pink color.
• Sadly I can’t say I feel better
• My COPD symptoms are greatly reduced – I can now climb stairs, walk for miles and do all sorts of things I haven’t been able to do for years.
• I just physically feel better, have more breath, don’t get winded as easily. When I was a smoker, I would have a cough almost all fall/winter, but now I don’t, and I love it!
• + No more smell, phlegm in the morning, etc
• Year before i went to the vaping, i was in the army. On army i had every morning 30 minutes of coughing and puking because of the cigs. Now my mornings are nothing like that.
• Yes, but they are minor because in other ways I’m still living the lifestyle of a smoker so I don’t exercise as much as I should.
• Hair seems to grow faster, same with nails
• Massive improvement in health – beyond anything l could have ever dreamt of when l was smoking. For me this is the most important thing and the overwhelming reason for trying e-cigs. I have ‘before and after’ medical records which confirm the improvement so it’s not imaginary
• My taste is back, I dont cough in the mornings, no more phloem and my sense of smell as improved slightly.
• Still coughing after 8 months vaping
• Breathing without wheezing, not coughing up phlegm in the morning, less breathless when brisk walking
• No more coughing. Cycle much easier.
• I wanted an alternative to anti-depressants and reading the latest data on nicotine in that area made me think it was worth a try.
• I bike commute, i don’t own a car as well as run. I can tell you without a doubt that my breathing and endurance have benefited
• I was having massive spikes of pain in my chest and lungs before I picked up vaping, and they have gone away, with an increase in lung capacity.
• I used to have trouble walking up multiple flights of stairs, or running long distances. I’d also wake up in the morning any my chest felt too tight to take a full breath. Now all of those are symptoms are significantly better; and best of all my lungs feel twice the size.
• I had a nasty smokers cough, that has now gone.
• I do a lot of mountain walking and have a physical job. Since starting vaping my endurance levels are much higher.
• I even started doing 3 mile runs and joined a gym for the first time in ages since I can finally breathe again.
• Sore throat
• When the liquid gets into my mouth that’s all i taste. it burns my lips. apparently this is common.its called over vaping?
• I have copd with out vaping I would have started smoking again I was on the verge .
• I can taste food again!
• i had chronic bronchitis. it’s gone.
• My health has vastly improved since I made the switch to vaping. I can breathe better, I no longer have a constant cough, and I don’t wheeze while working or at the gym. Also, my blood pressure has gone back to an even, normal level, and the circulation in my hands and feet has greatly improved.
• Health issues were short term and involved the usual side effects of quitting smoking. Aside from the cravings, the side effects of quitting smoking are one of the barriers I was never able to overcome. Plus, I gained a little weight as my senses of taste and smell returned.
• I know longer have smokers cough which used to affect me badly especially in the mornings. I used to cough to the point or retching every morning when I smoked.
• My chest does not feel tight when I wake up in the mornings
• Breath better was the first thing I noticed. With that came more energy. Then I started noticing my sense of smell had improved. Most notably from smelling smokers for the first time and thinking “I used to stink like that?”
• can now expand lungs to the full, which couldn’t do with smoking. don’t smell of smoke: clothes and at home. breath is better, generally feel healthier.
• I can run much further, faster, and longer, since switching to e-cigs
• I will put this in my own words. I am feeling better . I can breath better when going up stairs or running. I am sleeping better and I am not getting sick with colds. I dont have headache like I use too.
• My health has suffered through ageing, I truly believe I would be less healthy had I not stopped smoking.
• I was a healthy smoker
• I am not winded anymore..can run up stairs without feeling ill. I missed my sinisitis/bronchitis infection this year (which lead to pneumonia now) I no longer have a constant wheeze in my chest for it is gone. I don’t wake up choking on phlegm.
I feel healthy.
• Stress is more in control along with my anxiety.
• Colds don’t last as long or affect my respiratory system as much as when I smoked. I’ve always had blood pressure on the lower side, so I can’t say anything changed there.
• I feel like a new person now thanks to vaping, Still get my nicotine but with none of the death.
• I no longer cough and my gums are in better shape.
• Keep in mind, I am dual user, but as I smoke moderately, I do notice better health which I attribute to my strong preference for vaping.
• Things I haven’t been able to enjoy for a number of years, like hiking in the Rocky Mountains are a breeze for me now. I don’t get winded anymore….so obviously the stair in my house are no longer an issue! My home doesn’t sound like a tuberculosis ward in the morning anymore either. No more phlem choking me to the point of vomitting either. I can taste my food now and my nose does its job way better now too!
• Sleep better and happier mood too. Smoker’s cough disappeared after a week. Do stairs without a rest stop half way. More energy to do chores.
• i was on 2 inhalers up to 6 times a day with copd,i now only need 1 inhaler 2 or 3 times a week
• I would not have stayed with vaping if my health did not improve. I stopped wheezing, I have more energy, I stopped snoring (my wife told me this), my overall health is better, less colds and flu.
• The only ill effects I’ve noticed from vaping are occasional sore/scratchy throat (diminished greatly since switching to VG-dominant ratio), dehydration and headaches associated with dehydration.
• I feel sharper in my thoughts and i feel that there is more jump in my step.
• I feel cleaner and more energetic.
• Feel so much better, plus my teeth and cloths stay clean.
• I feel 1 billion times better than I did when I was smoking cigs. I can take big deep breaths without pain, something I could not do while smoking cigs. I no longer have the chronic cough I used to have. I haven’t had chronic Bronchitis since I started vaping and my yearly sinus issues have diminished greatly and my doctor attributes these changes to my swapping smoking for vaping.
• Play baseball and not dying running the bases able to hike and travel difficult wood paths
• Because I’ve noticed health benefits from vaping. Breathing is easier, blood pressure is down, and my doctor says I’m much better.
• I used to get at least one (or more) respiratory infections, every year. I’ve had one (two years ago) in the last 3 years.
• Walk a dog daily and I’ve noticed the significant improvement in cardiovascular ability.
• Don’t get winded walking up steps to 3rd floor apartment like I used to.
• I started exercising regularly at the time I quit smoking, so it is hard to say what benefits came from stopping smoking.
• I even sleep better nowadays because of vaping.
• Wheezing in bed has gone completely.
• I didn’t have many health issues to begin with, but I had noticed I’d begun to wheeze some and have some shortness of breath. I no longer have these issues.
• my taste buds are better now
• PG caused tonsil stones from topical dehydration. ENT diagnosed and in treatment.
• When I still smoked I often woke up during the night because my throat was full of disgusting slime. I was also sick quite
often, but now I haven’t even had the flu for a long time.
• I was listed as a former smoker, I had quite several times and it coincided with my appointment with my PCP. Most of the benefits I have noticed myself.
• I am an asthmatic and have mild COPD from cigarettes. Even though I’m still both of those things and they will probably never go away entirely, I’m not nearly as bad as when I was on cigarettes.
Vaping doesn’t affect them.
• I do breathe better now, though there is still a long way to go. I’m not as stressed out or pissed off anymore, so it’s made me more relaxed that’s for sure. Plus, no fixation on having to smoke on breaks at work, I don’t even had a want to smoke.
• I haven’t been to the doctor for a checkup since I started vaping 3 months ago, but I have noticed that the skin on the fingers that used to hold cigarettes is healing.
• Because it’s true.
• I’m less often sick (flu, etc.), I recover more quickly, I didn’t gain weight. Maybe I breathe better but I don’t know.
• Nothing much to elaborate on. I said most of it in my previous answers.
• Every morning upon waking up, I noticed that if I took a deep breath and filled my lungs with air my chest would hurt. After a while I noticed this has gone and filling my lungs has become easier!
• Not necessarily a health benefit, but I and my breath smell much better.
• I can taste and smell a lot better (like a non-smoker). I can do sports far better. I do not have headaches anymore (which I had from smoking). Over all feel better and healthier.
• I don’t cough anymore. My coughing used to keep me awake at night when I smoked. Now, when I feel a cold or other virus coming on, it seems like I can fight it off in a day or two. I blieve the nicotine or pg is killing the viruses.
• I can run, walk long distances, without becoming out of breath. Hold my breath longer, no longer waking up coughing.
• I can’t believe the difference in how I feel it’s wonderful.
• I’ve always had blood pressure in the low/normal range. Even after using 2 packs a day I hadn’t developed COPD. My old doctor has retired and my current one hasn’t known me long enough to comment. Having said that, when I ran into my old doctor he was absolutely ecstatic that I had quit smoking and had no issues with my vaping.
• Pretty much every aspect of my health has improved. I have not seen a doctor since quitting smoking. Just FYI, not boasting.
• Better stamina, lung function measurably better, fewer respiratory infections/inflammations, better immunity to colds/flu.
• Have not been clinically checked, would say the lack of tobacco smell is important
• Why do you have these little red asterisks next to each question as if to indicate footnote, additional info or disclaimer yet they provide nothing?
• I didnt have health issues when I started vaping
• Because it’s the answer that applies best.
• I just started vaping, so I’m weening myself off analogs
• I have feel better and breathe better
• After 3 years off cigarettes, you should see my lung x-rays. It almost looks like I never even smoked a cigarette in my entire life! Doctor says my lungs should be back to a “non-smokers” status within the next year =)
• Both of my doctors approved. My tests are all better and I feel better.
• I can taste flavors in food better and smell scents better
• just generally feel better in myself, more able to exert myself without getting breathless.
• Fewer lung infections/illness in general reduced.
• this is after only one month
• I never smoked, but I don’t feel anything negative while vaping. If anything, I’ve made more friends vaping and am happier because of those friends.
• A smoker spends the first 10-15 minutes of their morning coughing and blowing their nose. That stopped for me after 2 weeks of vaping.
• I am in decent shape but when I was smoking I had hypertension (age 23) now I do not have issues with my Blood Pressure.
• I had a persistent feeling of fluid in my lungs for 9 months. Two weeks after starting vaping it cleared up.
TRUE Medical PROFESSIONALS are already WELL on board with Vaping with an organization called M.O.V.E.: https://sciencecig.wordpress.com/move/
If you are one of those Professionals, and have any doubts, please contact anyone in that organization, they will be glad to help.
If you are media or government official and are responsible, you would contact the same members of that group. You can email me on this blog.
To you who doubt, research is there.
Don’t tell us there aren’t enough studies. Don’t tell us we need more time.
Here is Public Health England on E-cigarettes:
There is something coming… it’s a documentary. A Billion Lives. I’m SURE the defendants above aren’t looking forward to this.
The fight isn’t over. It’s only just begun.
Here, added for importance 12/13/15
“Popcorn” lung came up again in the news.
I suggest a tall glass of liquid to hydrate due to the high salt
The WONDERFUL folks over at Vapers.Org.UK
released a Special Edition on 12/12/15:
I suggest a tall glass of liquid to hydrate due to the high salt content!
The The Vaping Truth Survey Final Analysis and other proper links are on this blog.
You can’t keep hiding from facts. For you who do continue to make false claims, you’ve had plenty of time to show us proof.
We of all people would love to see it.
Until then, stop using your emotions to cover your lies. It’s as if you want us to go back to smoking and keep others from benefiting. I wonder why.
Vaping saves lives.
For you in government, your irresponsible bans/taxes/restrictions need to be stopped or rescinded.
For you in health, um, read it again.
For you in media, do some RESEARCH.
Keep it up…I’m coming after you.
As always, more to come.
Keep ON #Vaping On.