Dear President Trump:
I urge you to immediately order the Food and Drug Administration to cease and desist any and all activity involving “regulation” of e-cigarettes by classifying them “tobacco”.
The decision by the FDA to deem these non-tobacco products as “tobacco” is not about health. The decision, disguised as regulations, are made up for individual state’s fiscal irresponsibility in order to recoup losses incurred with the Master Settlement Agreement.
The fight by health groups, government agencies, politicians, tobacco control and pharmaceutical interests have given way to the demise of small business and the detriment of public health.
They all, including Mitch Zeller, (your) current Director of the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products, and current Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, have ignored this report from Royal College of Physicians who had it in his HANDS. Also being ignored is the world famous Public Health England. They all have ignored research, science and common sense.
I want to know WHY.
Acting with no accountability, these arbitrary and capricious actions encompass “officials” – claiming they are acting in the care and custody of public health. They have wasted more than eight years and taxpayers money only to manipulate public opinion. I, as a consumer can show and dismantle every claim in one day.
I also urge you to focus on health officials, politicians, and tobacco control entities and the legality of their unfounded claims in their efforts to allow restriction and taxation for political, organizational and financial gain in funding of their own agendas.
At the moment, the Cole-Bishop Amendment is the only hope for the United States.
I strongly suggest you peruse the proposal from Clive Bates, David Sweanor of Ottawa University, and Eli Lehrer, President of the R Street Institute with their points briefly highlighted below:
- Seize the huge opportunity presented by low-risk nicotine products.
- Cancel the FDA deeming rule before it destroys the U.S. vaping market.
- Establish a standards-based regime for low-risk nicotine products.
- Use new labels to inform consumers about relative risk.
- Stop using the public health test to protect the cigarette trade.
- Restore honesty and candor to public-health campaigns.
- Refocus tobacco science on the public interest, not bureaucratic expansion.
- Challenge vapor and smokeless prohibitions under World Trade Organization rules.
Here is that in full:
There ARE organizations more than willing to be contacted here:
- American E-Liquid Manufacturing Standards Association (AEMSA)
- American Vaping Association
- CASAA – The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
- NOT BLOWING SMOKE
- Right to be Smoke-Free Coalition
- Smoke Free Alternatives Trade Association SFATA
- The Vaping Militia
- Vapor Technology Association
I appreciate your time and consideration on this matter.
Kevin S. Crowley
If you are a Professional, go HERE.
You can find me here trying to be cordial on Facebook
You can find me here being a bit more evil on Twitter
You can also find me on LinkedIn