“Big Tobacco” Brand E-Cigarettes. What Experts Think.

All the “experts” pretending “big tobacco” is gaining a foothold on e-cigarettes. Politicians. Doctors. Public Health. Government. Makes me think that’s what they’re hoping for.

People who don’t have anything better to do to get a tweet for attention – on something they know next to NOTHING about.

I started with a “Krave” – cigalike – and it worked at first  – GOT me to quit smoking. Within a month, I was on – and still use at the moment – an ego style setup. I’m for whatever works. To each his own. It matters not the method, it matters the outcome.

In my opinion, they have a (brief) place in the market, but are only a stepping stone to a better experience with the 2nd, 3rd and now 4th generation e-cigarettes.

As a question to all the “experts”, if the tobacco companies have low success rates with their “style”, what do you think people will do? They’ll go back to smoking.

A follow up: If they won’t tell us what is in cigarettes, what makes you think they’d tell us what’s in their e-cigarette products?

If YOU VAPE, Before you go any further – before you read another line go HERE.

Vapers are speaking out on “tobacco” brand / style e-cigarettes.

Here’s what the last 100 said on the latest survey. No edits to the question:

Do you (or did you) use a “Tobacco Company” brand E-cigarettes?

These are the experts answers.

18latest

They have their place in the market. “Vapor” Cigarettes most definitely have their place in the market as well!
Friday, Oct 9th 5:12PM

I would rather die than give another single red cent to a tobacco company.
Thursday, Oct 8th 11:23AM

They was the first type i tried and they almost discouraged me from trying again, but i did and the mod was a lot more effective
Thursday, Oct 1st 9:22PM

Tobacco Company’s are Legally killing people, I would either like to return the favour or see them jailed.
Tuesday, Sep 29th 6:40PM

I think the tobacco companies have had enough of my money. I would rather support a local vape store that is focused on harm reduction/health and who can show they are using quality ingredients.
Saturday, Sep 26th 3:39AM

They have received enough money from me.
Wednesday, Sep 23rd 1:23PM

I do not trust these people at all. I researched the crap they add to the tobacco and I don’t know how they sleep at night. Shame on big tobacco, shame on the FDA
Wednesday, Sep 23rd 11:29AM

First one i tried, was super strong and made me feel sick. I do not recommend them to anyone.
Wednesday, Sep 23rd 8:18AM

Knowing what I know now, I’d NEVER direct a new vaper to anything related to BT! It won’t work for them and even if it does, it is still lining the pockets of people who want to take away the stuff that actually DOES work for the majority of people!
Wednesday, Sep 23rd 8:02AM

When quitting tobacco I wanted to quit everything about it and wanted NO association with them at all.
I do not associate vaping with smoking. It is not the same thing.
Sunday, Sep 20th 11:04AM

I somehow believe that cigalikes have their mission. They are not so different from smoking ( visual and taste), so for some who try to quit smoking, they can be beneficial. But in the long run, they are not good enough
Monday, Sep 14th 2:54AM

I started with cig-a-likes by premium ecigs. I don’t believe they are big tobacco. I then switched to ego batteries and tanks using juice made by independents
Friday, Sep 11th 2:03PM

Tried them 2 years before I quit cigarettes. Laughably ineffective. Now that I vape real setups I refuse to give tobacco companies the time of day
Friday, Aug 28th 8:26AM

These ones are terrible. Try to act like a cigarette too much.
Tuesday, Aug 11th 7:10PM

Coworkers were unsuccessful with Vuse, so I avoided wasting more money to the Tobacco companies myself.
Friday, Aug 7th 11:05AM

I don’t trust them not to mess with the contents of the eliquid to try and make it more addictive. Nic outside of tobacco has very weak reinforcing properties – it’s the mix of chems in cigs that makes it so addictive in cigarettes.
Tuesday, Aug 4th 7:15AM

I believe I moved from the mark 1 ‘cigarette-like’ e-cigs prior to their acquisition by the tobacco companies
Tuesday, Aug 4th 3:59AM

I believe i have been lied to for far too long by tobacco companies who in my opinion bend the truth to their own financial ends
Monday, Aug 3rd 4:43PM

never purchased one, tried my friends but didn’t like them.
Sunday, Aug 2nd 8:43PM

Besides that I didn’t know I don’t think I would want to …I’ve paid them enough already to try to kill me with all that tobacco garbage.
Sunday, Aug 2nd 8:00PM

I have heard many poor reviews from reputable sources that I’ll never try one and I don’t want to support big tobacco.
From an advanced/hobby vaping perspective they are junk.
Sunday, Aug 2nd 12:14PM

By the time I tried Vuse, I had lost my taste for tobacco so I didn’t like it. Blu did not provide enough nicotine and at the point I tried it did not offer flavors.
Sunday, Aug 2nd 11:11AM

they got me hooked young, but no longer buy ant tobacco company products and neaver will again
Tuesday, Jul 28th 10:57AM

Fuck that, they’ve had enough outa me… I’m surprised I’m still alive thanks to them dirty mother fuckers!
Monday, Jul 27th 12:59PM

I used the Frii system. I have no idea if they are affiliated but I would not knowingly use a device that is tied to the tobacco industry.
Monday, Jul 27th 3:30AM

both were horrible
Sunday, Jul 26th 10:16AM

Use them in a pinch
Sunday, Jul 26th 8:19AM

Tobacco companies should give them away for all the lives they have helped destroy. At last stop selling tobacco.
Sunday, Jul 26th 7:16AM

They are weak and VERY expensive!
Saturday, Jul 25th 11:24PM

Tried the Vuse and the Njoy cigalikes, but they were inefftective and tasted bad. I didn’t know at that time they were owned by Big Tobacco. I’ll never give them my money again.
Saturday, Jul 25th 8:50PM

Very rarely see anyone who successfully quits using cig-alikes. Anyone I’ve met that says they tried them – I recommend using a 2nd or 3rd gen pen or mod from a reputable store with quality e-juice. All have a far more successful outcome.
Saturday, Jul 25th 7:37PM

If .you batteries die I’ll buy one of them before I get a pack of cigarettes.
Saturday, Jul 25th 9:45AM

Tobacco companies don’t offer a product that will let you ADEQUATELY reduce your nicptone gradually… unless you count their AWFUL ego knockoffs.
Friday, Jul 24th 11:39PM

i tried a disposeable one from tesco that was supposed to look and feel like a real cigarette it was too big and heavey in my fingers but taste wise it was ok
Wednesday, Jul 22nd 8:47AM

I used V2 to start but was spending almost the same as smoking
Tuesday, Jul 21st 11:52AM

I actually stuck with a Blu for a long time till I realized it wasn’t meant to be good.
Sunday, Jul 19th 1:05PM

The tobacco companies only put out the closed system pen style systems. I don’t want tobacco flavors and I want control over what I put in it. I don’t want to be stuck buying overpriced, inferior, uncleanable components from only them.
Sunday, Jul 19th 11:12AM

No – they are horrible and horribly made FOR A REASON – to keep people smoking…
Sunday, Jul 19th 9:50AM

These are crap!
I would never try them even at free. I have when I didn’t know better. Knowledge is power.
Sunday, Jul 19th 8:54AM

I had a Vuse on my trip, and it was nice to give me that cigarette feel that I was used to, but it’s not customizable, and you can’t charge it with other e-cig chargers or refill the cartomizer tank with any of your favorite e-liquids. I happened to be in Colorado when I got it and enjoyed the mint and was sorely disappointed to see it wasn’t available in Florida. Plus it just seems super expensive for what it is. It’s okay for a cigarette replacement, but it doesn’t entice people to make the switch, I don’t think.
Saturday, Jul 18th 11:10PM

never again
Saturday, Jul 18th 4:31PM

I’ve tried Mark Ten, but the taste wasn’t good and the mouthpiece heated up and burned my lip. I didn’t use it much, but I still have it. I bought it bc they sent me a coupon for a free one.
Friday, Jul 17th 6:24PM

I seem to be allergic to something in the Logic brand, whenever I use them I get congested, sneeze a bunch and get headaches. Now I use organic e-juice and don’t have those problems.
Thursday, Jul 16th 8:11AM

Only tried one several years ago when travelling. Was not Impressed and resumed looking for outside places to smoke…
Tuesday, Jul 14th 10:21PM

We found a great, locally owned vape shop.
Tuesday, Jul 14th 2:04PM

I no longer use Blue or MarkTen but those are the ones I first tried.
Tuesday, Jul 14th 5:28AM

I can’t stress this enough, I will not support big tobacco anymore. There is one big exception though: if big tobacco would join the market in a meaningful way and specialize in producing extracted tobaccos or nicotine concentrate, while at the same time supporting the change to vaping with their lobbying, I might reconsider.
Sunday, Jul 12th 9:03PM

If I can help it I avoid tobacco owned products. For the most part that I am aware of the the tobacco companies do not make the style devices that I use anyway. I personally feel that vaping needs to be seen as a stand alone and having tobacco companies getting involved makes it hard. Vaping is NOT smoking and it needs to not be seen as such
Monday, Jul 13th 4:45PM

The tobaco companies put out ecigs to have them fail and be expensive to get smokers to give up on ecigs and vaping and go back to smoking thier tobaco products again.
Monday, Jul 13th 4:52PM

The e-cigarettes made my tobacco companies are literally disguisting. They basically make you want a real cigarette as soon as you use one.
Monday, Jul 13th 4:28PM

I know they do the vuse, and other cig a likes I will not spend another dime on an industry set on destroying companies and mom/pop shops. Makes me angry
Monday, Jul 13th 2:11PM

I received a coupon for a free MarkTen starter kit. It was unsatisfying and frustrating. Then, someone gave us a coupon for a Haus starter kit and some ejuice … I was HOOKED! After that, I found a whole world of vaping and mods and flavored juice …
Monday, Jul 13th 3:59PM

BIG TOBACCO SUCKS, I wouldn’t give them the time of day. THEY have killed half my family with those stupid coffin nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, Jul 13th 3:29PM

They are only marginally effective, the way advanced devices have progressed they have missed the boat IMO
Monday, Jul 13th 12:55PM

Most tasted like asphalt. Sticking with my fruit and dessert flavors.
Monday, Jul 13th 1:27PM

Who makes ELites? I don’t know. But that didn’t work for me anyway.
Monday, Jul 13th 11:54AM

They were SO SHIT. I cannot emphasize this enough.
Monday, Jul 13th 10:29AM

While they were not effective for me, if they work to help a person to stop smoking they have their place.
Monday, Jul 13th 9:36AM

Started with NJoy cig-alike. Battery and atomizer life was not adequate to fulfill my needs. This device made me more addicted to nicotine due to high nicotine levels in their pre-filled atomizers.
Monday, Jul 13th 8:28AM

I have given them enough money. All they ever gave me was health problems and grief. I’ll never give tobacco companies another penny.
Monday, Jul 13th 2:09AM

Tobacco companies hadn’t really gotten into the e-cigarette market when I started vaping. By the time they did, I had moved on to the Ego.
Sunday, Jul 12th 7:33PM

I refuse to give anymore of my money to tobacco companies. They’ve had a stranglehold on people for far too long!
Sunday, Jul 12th 6:14PM

I tried a few with free coupons (I refuse to give more money to tobacco companies). None of them worked and they tasted disgusting.
Sunday, Jul 12th 5:30PM

Only used one day. It stated that one would last for about a day or equal to a pack of cigs. Lasted about three hours then died.
Sunday, Jul 12th 6:17PM

Used it when I first got out of Basic Training as I didn’t have access to my APV from home and had already fallen back to cigarettes.
Sunday, Jul 12th 6:48PM

the cigalike types i have tried never gave me close to what i needed to quit smoking and made me want a cigarette rather than to quit smoking.
Sunday, Jul 12th 5:21PM

Tried the MarkTen only in a study I participated in.
Sunday, Jul 12th 5:11PM

I tried a vuse one time and it made me sick. I threw it away!
Sunday, Jul 12th 4:54PM

Blu didn’t work for me. I was still smoking until I bought the Ego in November of 2013.
Sunday, Jul 12th 4:42PM

I did not use them… my husband did and once we found out that Big Tobacco had bought them out and were the ones producing them did not trust them to be safe because of not trusting the Big Tobacco and did not want to give Big Tobacco any more of our money
Sunday, Jul 12th 2:33PM

They didn’t work for me because they were WAY TOO STRONG. They were 18mg, and I was used to about 4mg.
Sunday, Jul 12th 3:31PM

Tried the Blue not knowing that big tobacco produced them. Didn’t do a thing for me. I did like the blue glow at night but that was all I liked about it.
Sunday, Jul 12th 3:29PM

From everything I have heard from fellow vapers, the tobacco company brand e cigs are disgusting. That statement from a friend who vapes and tried one of those digital ecigs. He said it was the absolute worse tasting, less vapor, less everything ecig he had ever tried. Which imparted to me that I will not now, nr will I ever try or use one of those things. Even if the FDA bans ecigs, guess I’ll be an outlaw an use everything I have now. At worse I’ll go back to my tubular mech mods and use all my attys on them, I will NOT go to a tobacco company’s brand of ecig.
Sunday, Jul 12th 12:14PM

Blu before they were bought out, then changed as they were very expensive
Sunday, Jul 12th 2:34PM

If you run out of batteries or juice, they are cheap and available at most late night shops in London. So they come in handy at times.
Sunday, Jul 12th 2:20PM

was not really happy with this one, too weak of a draw and bland flavor. I don’t know if this type can really help people quit as well.
Sunday, Jul 12th 2:20PM

I tried one. It tasted like garbage. Can’t remember the brand.
Sunday, Jul 12th 12:07PM

They ended up being the same price as cigarettes in the end-that’s something I can’t afford. They’re also extremely dissatisfying. There are better batteries that last longer and replaceable/refillable cartridges in the independent side of the industry that perform better and are cheaper in the end for the consumer.
Sunday, Jul 12th 12:40PM

It didn’t work.
Sunday, Jul 12th 12:28PM

The ones that look like cigs did nothing for me
Sunday, Jul 12th 12:00PM

Tried a couple found they taste like crap. Didn’t even realize they were made by tobacco companies at the time.
Sunday, Jul 12th 10:23AM

Some people are anxious to stray too far from what they are comfortable with so a cig a like would be beneficial to them for a short time
Sunday, Jul 12th 10:50AM

The very first time way back. I believe they were from Reynolds, but don’t see the name here. As I said, I believe one problem was the nicotine level was too low. Also the batteries died quickly and were expensive to replace.
Sunday, Jul 12th 10:40AM

tobacco company didn’t produce any when i first started e-cigs
Sunday, Jul 12th 9:09AM

I tried a couple of puffs from a ” blu” e-cig. It was gross!! I don’t want to taste tobacco flavor anymore!!
Sunday, Jul 12th 5:38AM

The first 3 months I used tobacco flavor, Virginia tobacco, but changes to sweets and fruit flavors.
Sunday, Jul 12th 3:45AM

was not satisfied with them
Sunday, Jul 12th 4:32AM

I have a local vape shop and went there. They have their own line of juices plus offer several well known small batch USA made juice brands. I started early so the brands listed were not available at the time I started vaping, and I have no interest in “cig-alikes” because I find they do not have the power I need to enjoy vaping.
Sunday, Jul 12th 3:06AM

Tried an NJOY cigalike
Saturday, Jul 11th 9:21PM

I don’t support the companies that are trying to label vaping as smoking. Just by definition it’s not the same.
Saturday, Jul 11th 9:18PM

I was already on a tank style but suggested them to my husband. When he bought the Mark 10 I tried it- it was gross!
Saturday, Jul 11th 9:32PM

I do not think the cig a likes I first started in were make by Big tobacco like Blu’s are but they could have been. I consider them to be a bit of a scam for people just trying to quit.
Saturday, Jul 11th 7:34PM

Not tasted more of them!
Saturday, Jul 11th 6:32PM

The vuse has 48% nic in it. Can we say way over kill even with that high nic it was not satisifying and just made me feel like crap.
Saturday, Jul 11th 6:33PM

Tobacco companies have had enough of my money over the years. I encourage others not to buy big tobacco brands for the same reasons.
Saturday, Jul 11th 1:23PM

Sent off for free sample of Vype (I think) stashed away as a back up emergency use only
Saturday, Jul 11th 11:10AM

I tried the Blu years ago and they did nothing for me… I didnt like the flavor and the hit was horrible!
Saturday, Jul 11th 11:47AM

I despise big tobacco. I will never buy any product from them at any cost. They are amongst the most corrupt businesses in the world.
Saturday, Jul 11th 1:13AM

The flavor was nasty.
Saturday, Jul 11th 12:47AM

They were terrible. Bad taste and so behind on technology
Friday, Jul 10th 11:47PM

There you have it. “Big Tobacco” from #Vapers. Imagine, if their “style” is the only thing available, they win either way.

If they’re the only thing available, and they’re not effective – then people go back to smoking.

Some are worried about this. Well, that’s what they want!

bigtobacco

Thanks to you who took the survey!

Research on ECIGS is well published and available  HERE and HERE

Medical Professionals are HERE

A work in perpetual progress: Vapinglinks.com

More to come – including the final analysis of the last survey!
Keep On #Vaping On